“True education means fostering the ability to be interested in something.” -Sumio Iijima
I am always grateful for our time away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. After a few warm, sunny days at the beach, it is time for the long drive home. Fortunately, our batteries are recharged and we’re ready for the rest of the summer. Here are a few things I hope will recharge your learning, design and technology batteries. Cheers!
Thanks for reading! If you find anything good, forward it to a friend or spread the word with a tweet.
We Should We Call Ourselves?
Will Thalheimer (@willworklearn) wades into the conversation about what we should call ourselves. What do you think? Do you agree with Will’s suggestion? Prefer something else? Or does it even really matter?
How to Have Meaningful Conversations Online
Sometime the best learning comes from a conversation between the right people. Simon Terry (@simongterry) delves into what it takes to foster meaningful conversations online.
Digital Transformation: A Comprehensive Introduction
I was just talking the other day about how most people don’t know what digital transformation means. This article by Paul Boag (@boagworld) tries to answer some of the most frequent and important questions about digital transformation.
Non-Conscious Aspects Of Learning And Performance
Patti Shank (@pattishank) tells us how most of our thinking and behavior is on auto-pilot – controlled by our subconcious. It’s extremely difficult to change automated and non-conscious thinking and behavior because we cannot directly access it. (I think it is also why marketers are generally better at it than L&D.)
7 Triggers That Make People Want to Share Your Content
Did you know you can add simple elements into your content to make it highly shareable? Check out these “share triggers.” and how easy they are to incorporate with your content in this post from the Content Marketing Institute (@cmicontent)
Learning, Design & Technology Miscellany
A few other things just because I can.
- Pixelize – yet another browser-based option for graphics
- Muzli’s New Inspiration search is a rich, centralized, and ranked collection of visual inspiration.
Apps & Tools
- OBS Studio – Free and open source software for video recording and live streaming.
- Produck – A freemium project management tool to help you stay organized and work on what matters most.
- Workflowy – WorkFlowy is a single document that can contain infinite documents inside it to organize all your information
Books, Podcasts, Courses:
- The Neuroscience of Happiness
- Shaping EDU – A free online event series for dreaming, doing, and driving the future of learning
What I’m listening to:
- The sights and sounds of being at the beach this week have me tuned into the Beach Vibes today
There are lots of things happening in June so take a peek at the conference action for this week and next.
Looking for your next conference? I’ve recently updated my global collection of L&D events with new 2019 dates. Let me know if you see one I missed or have a new one to add.
You can find me at these UPCOMING EVENTS:
- June 13: New Zealand Auckland Branch ATD Webinar
- June 17-18: Learning Tech Day, Gent, Belgium
- July 12: State of Ohio Training Association Annual Event Keynote, Columbus, OH
- October 22-25: DevLearn
I’m always looking for great people and organizations who want to help people learn and work better. If you’re one of them, let’s talk! Speaking and Workshop Information Sheet.