¨I was wise enough never to grow up, while fooling people to believe I had.” – Margaret Meade
I’ve been feeling a bit “stuck” lately so it was great timing for hosting my good friend and fellow learning nerd Karl Richter (@elearningblends) this week. Isn’t it energizing to hang out with others who speak the same language that you can bounce ideas off of and be inspired by? I know it is for me and Karl is a bucket filler. I hope this finds you with your bucket overflowing with good things. Here are a few from the learning, design and technology world to top you off. Cheers!
Thanks for reading! If you find anything good, forward it to a friend or spread the word with a tweet.
5 reasons your employees aren’t sharing their knowledge
This article is a throwback to 2016 from JD Dillon (@jd_dillon) and it is still as relevant as ever. Pop on over for JD’s updated take on why your employees aren’t sharing their knowledge.
How to Practice as a Knowledge Worker
Tyler Cowen (@tylercowen) breaks down how to practice as a knowledge worker and suggests you write and read every day, have regular interactions with smart people, and try to crack cultural codes.
17 Hard Truths About Life I Ignored For Way Too Long
Earlier, I mentioned feeling stuck which may be why this article really spoke to me this week. Darius Foroux (@DariusForoux) shares some tips that worked for him…and maybe you’ll find some valuable ones for yourself too.
Learning Impact: Having, Not Just Showing It
Check out this introduction by Dani Johnson (@danij2) to the findings of the Red Thread Research Learning Impact study and learn what they have to say about the relationship between what L&D teams do and business outcomes. [Free registration required]
100+ LEARNING, DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY RESOURCES TO HELP YOU GET SH*T DONE
This is a big collection of useful resources to help you with whatever you´re working on these days.
Learning, Design & Technology Miscellany
A few other things just because I can.
- FIBE is a nice option for anyone who wants to create great-looking graphic content on the go
Apps & Tools
- Guidance is an interesting looking option for creating and sharing learnings via a variety of channels including mobile or web app, chatbot, Microsoft Teams or API
- Yo Scenario is a flexible browser-based scenario software for non-linear content
Books, Podcasts, Courses:
- How Full Is Your Bucket? By Tom Rath: How did you feel after your last interaction with another person? Did that person “fill your bucket” by making you feel more positive? Or did that person “dip from your bucket,” leaving you more negative than before?
- This webinar by Amy Balliett (@AmyBalliett) Explains How Your Company Can Put Visuals First
What I’m listening to:
- Ehrling is a jazzy discovery from Sweden that I’ve been enjoying lately.
- Speaker submissions for Realities 360 open through end-of-day Friday, August 2nd.
- Speaker submissions for Learning Solutions open through end-of-day Friday, August 2nd.
- Speaker submissions for the ATD ICE conference are now open through August 14
You can find me at these UPCOMING EVENTS:
- September 17: Learning Technologies and Design Day
- October 22-25: DevLearn Pre-Conference Workshop & Concurrent Session
I’m always looking for great people and organizations who want to help people learn and work better. If you’re one of them, let’s talk! Speaking and Workshop Information Sheet.