Happy Friday! I’m in an experimental mood this week. You’ll notice a new addition to the newsletter. At the very bottom you’ll see an opportunity to rate this edition of the newsletter. Give it a whirl and leave some feedback or just say “Hi!” – you can even leave a voice message if you’re feeling adventurous.
Thanks for reading!
What I’m Listening to: Funk Mammoth is a chillaxed vibe I find myself constantly returning to and I’ve returned to it once again this morning.
Last week’s most clicked item:
When Graphics Lower Learning
The Power of Curation
Morning Brew founder Alex Lieberman reminds us that curation is all around us and has been for a very long time. He explains why curation is a superpower, why it’s misunderstood & why it’s more important than ever. Definitely worth the 7 minute listen! If you like this one, check out his episode on learning how to learn.
How to Use PowerPoint for Graphic Design
Intimidated or can’t afford complex graphic design tools, like Adobe Illustrator, etc? Watch TIm Slade show you how you can create more “pro” designs in PowerPoint than most people realize is possible!
If You’re Always Busy You’re Living in Desperate Poverty and Unaware
Busyness is taking the jug of water that is your resources and over-pouring it into one area of life. The cup then overflows and pisses all over the floor. This leaves all other areas of life in a drought. The currency of life isn’t money, it’s time.
Adult Recess: The case for why grown-ups should be allowed on the swings, too.
Recess, and the concept of play, is usually only associated with children of primary school age or younger. But what if we applied the same idea to adults in the workforce?
Why asking for knowledge contributions is so important
One of David Snowden’s principles is that “Knowledge can’t be conscripted, it can only be volunteered”. However, waiting passively for voluntary contributions is the wrong way to spread knowledge. Ask for volunteers instead.
- What’s hot? What’s not? with Donald Taylor on the Learning Hack podcast
- Applying Marketing to L&D with Hannah Waddams on the L&D Disrupt podcast
- Smart technology and automation in L&D with Filip Lam on the Learning & Development podcast
- bkmark.io is one of the best online bookmarking tools around
- Blurweb lets you blur your sensitive data instantly, when recording or screen sharing. No editing required
- Hardcover is a social network for people to track what they read and want to read, make lasting connections with other readers and find life-changing books.
- Maool is an all-in-one tool that helps to create all types of Email faster than ever—no code required.
- The Big News app blends your newsletters and feeds together into one super-smart reading experience.
- TICE Online – March 22-24
- PACT Professional Portfolios – May
- Canadian Elearning Conference – June 16-17
- Elearn Success Series: The EdTech Session – July 20
Was this week’s newsletter useful? Help me improve! (Click on a link to vote)
Build your own? 👉 FeedLetter.co
If you’re enjoying this newsletter, I’d love it if you shared it with a friend. You can send them here to sign up.