“An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin
We´ve made it around to another Friday and the sounds of spring are starting to awake as I´m wrapping this up early this morning. I hope that whatever lies ahead of you today and this weekend brings you peace and happiness. Now it is off the gym for me to charge up for the weekend. Cheers!
Save Your Clients From Themselves
Is your job to give the client what they want or to make the client look good? Cathy Moore (@CatMoore) explains the difference and which side of that equation we should be on.
Prior Knowledge Powers Performance, Learning
Patti Shank (@pattishank) digs into some recent research and the impact of prior knowledge, or what you already know, on performance, including decision making.
Reducing Wasted Work Time
In this article, Conrad Gottfredson (@ConGott) talks about how performance support can help avoid the wasted time of traditional training events and time people spend trying to figure out how to do things for their job.
No Coding Required: Now Anyone Can Build a Custom Mobile App
If you’ve ever had even the most fleeting thoughts of building your own app (and even if you haven’t) you should check out how easy it is to do it with Glide App. Be sure not to miss the super creative examples whipped up by Owen Holt and Cath Ellis.
Digital Work Retrospective
I found this conversation about what the Digital Workplace community has learned over the last 20+ years and speculating on what will come next quite informative. If you’re interested in upgrading the way your organization works, I think you will be too.
Learning, Design & Technology Miscellany
A few other things just because I can.
- Try the new CC image search with over 300 million images from 19 collections and easier attribution. buff.ly/2fMZOUk
- Check out this great design tips series inspired by @steveschoger & @adamwathan
Apps & Tools
- ScreenToGif – Screen, webcam and sketchboard recorder with an integrated editor.
- Free xAPI HTML5 Video Player from Jeff Batt (@jeffbatt01)
Books, Podcasts, Courses:
What I’m listening to:
- Sometimes a nice spring Friday makes you feel like a super hero. So it is a heroic Marvel soundtrack playlist for me today.
Looking for your next conference? I’ve recently updated my global collection of L&D events with new 2019 dates. Let me know if you see one I missed or have a new one to add.
Thanks for reading! If you found anything good, forward it to a friend or spread the word with a tweet.
You can find me at these UPCOMING EVENTS:
- June 13: New Zealand Auckland Branch ATD Webinar
- June 17-18: Learning Tech Day, Gent, Belgium
- July 12: State of Ohio Training Association Keynote, Columbus, OH
- October 22-25: DevLearn
Interested in the things that didn’t make the cut here? Follow me on Twitter or even better, subscribe to my newsletter.
I’m always looking for great people and organizations who want to help people learn and work better. If you’re one of them, let’s talk! Speaking and Workshop Information Sheet.