Thanks for reading.
What I’m Listening to: I think I may have shared Dayglow before, but they’re so good I’ve got them on again today and they’re worth checking out if you haven’t heard them yet.
Last week’s most clicked item:
Five ways to reduce PowerPoint overload
How to Enter ‘Flow’ State On Command
Researchers have discovered 22 catalysts that can help you prepare your environment and quickly drop into a flow state. Steven Kotler shares a few of these that include distraction management, dopamine triggering, and concentration.
How to Fill a Horizontal Slide With a Vertical Image
This is a super simple and very useful “trick” to have up your sleeve. I use it all the time in PowerPoint
Why learning together is the future of online education
Online course completion rates are notoriously low. When you put learners in a group together and give them a plan, you amplify their learning ability.
What’s On Your Radar? Trends, Emerging Technologies, and Brushing Up on Basics
In this research report, What’s on Your Radar? Trends, Emerging Technologies, and Brushing Up on Basics, Jane Bozarth asks several presenters from the recent Learning Solutions conference to recap their sessions for those who may have missed it. I think this type of event recap is a good idea that all conferences should adopt.
How to Create Beautiful and Effective Academic Posters in PowerPoint
If you know anyone who ever needs to create academic posters, our good friends at BrightCarbon have it covered. With top tips and some templates to get you started, you can say goodbye to ugly, dense posters forever.
- Choice architecture with Eric Johnson on the Brainfluence podcast
- Don’t call it a side hustle with Austin Kleon on the Chris Do podcast
- How not to die with David Sinclair on the Knowledge Project podcast
- On a Mac, you can preview any file by using the spacebar. QuickLook brings this feature to Windows
- Compose.ai is a free Chrome extension that “cuts your writing time by 40%”
- UPDF is a free PDF editor that supports editing text and images in a PDF on Windows, Mac, and iOS
- Klas is an easy way to create and host engaging live classes
- Bob Ross Ipsum is the happiest little text generator you’ll ever see.
- Canadian Elearning Conference – June 16-17
- Elearn Success Series: The EdTech Session – July 20
- DevLearn – October 24-28
How was this week’s newsletter? Help me improve
As always, if you’re enjoying this letter, I’d love it if you shared it with a friend or two. If you’re enjoying this newsletter, I’d love it if you shared it with a friend. You can send them here to sign up.
And should you come across anything interesting this week, send it my way! I always love finding new things to read or watch.