Today I came across this great book “Figuring Things Out: A Trainer’s Guide to Needs and Task Analysis“
The thing that caught my eye the most was their list of Six ‘Tactics of Figuring Things Out’
- Always work from a model of human performance
- Start as high in the organization as possible and work your way down.
- Always know from whom you are studying
- Never use just one information gathering technique
- Let line managers make the critical decisions
- Remember the K.I.S.S. principle
I think this is a fantastic approach to what they call the “performance problem-solving business”. What do you think?