If we stop going, we stop learning…and if we’re not willing to keep learning, we should probably stop going. – Seth Godin
Whew! What a week it has been. DevLearn is wrapping up this morning and I’m very grateful for all the great conversations with old friends and meeting some wonderful new ones. I’m looking forward to some reflection time and the chance to dig deeper into all resources and new things I discovered this week….right after a goods nights sleep. Wherever you are I hope you have a great and restful weekend. Cheers!
Is PowerPoint the Ultimate Design Tool?
Yes, I’m serious. So is Tom Howell who runs an agency in Australia. Take a look at some of the reasons and a few examples that just might change your mind. PowerPoint isn’t the issue – it is what people do with it.
Even if you weren’t able to be here, you can still tap into a wealth of knowledge and resources. Cruise everything on the DevLearn resources page.
At some point, everyone can use a helpful design tip or trick. Next time you’re in that situation cruise over to Lapa Learn. They’ve got a nice collection of resources for you to learn a wide variety of design topics from UI/UX to icons, typography and more.
Wired Not Tired: Is Curation the Cure for What Ails You?
Learning, Design & Technology Miscellany
A few other things just because I can.
- Dip your toes into the #DevLearn pool. Even if you can’t be there, you can still get lots of good stuff from the backchannel
- The world’s biggest gathering of HR types, Unleash 18, went down in Amsterdam earlier this week. Check #unleash18 .
- Looking for your next conference? I’ve added some new events recently to my global collection of L&D events.
- Files.Design – Professional resources for digital designers including templates, sounds and other files made by Great Simple Studio.
Apps & Tools
- Serial – One of the DevLearn keynotes was by the producer of this uber-popular podcast.
What I’m listening too
- I’m loading my Stitcher download cue for the flight home with Serial podcast episodes.
Thanks for reading! If you found anything good, forward it to a friend or spread the word with a tweet.
Interested in the things that didn’t make the cut here? Follow me on Twitter or even better, subscribe to my newsletter.
I enjoy sharing my ideas and experience with corporate professionals via workshops, keynote presentations, podcasts, and webinars. Learn more in my Speaking and Workshop Information Sheet.
You can find me at these UPCOMING EVENTS:
- December 13th Elearning Webinar: ATD Maryland.
- February 4-6 ATD TechKnowledge
- March 24-26: Learning Solutions