Stop being impressed by money, fame & status. Instead, be impressed by those who treat other human beings well, in both good times & bad. — Warren Buffet (@warrenbuffet99)
Spring is in the air here in Columbus this week. I´m excited to be outside and see all the colors coming back into the world. Here are the latest items that have bloomed for you this week from the learning, design, and technology world. Cheers!
A guide to content curation for learning and development (L&D)
This guide by Robin Petterd, (@RobinPetterd) answers some important questions about curating content in an L&D context. You can also watch the “Content curation for learning” webinar this post is based on.
The Great Training Robbery
Interesting article suggesting that training initiatives need to be org change initiatives.
Click to access 16-121_bc0f03ce-27de-4479-a90e-9d78b8da7b67.pdf
Visual Hierarchy: Organizing content to follow natural eye movement patterns
This post from the Interaction Design Foundation (@interacting)will help you understand how the human eye processes information to help you arrange your elements more effectively.
Learning in the flow of life: 2019 Global Human Capital Trends
This report from Deloitte (@Deloitte) signals that L&D has some big opportunities ahead. Their top-rated trend for 2019 is the need to improve learning and development (L&D). Eighty-six percent of respondents rated this issue important or very important, with only 10 percent of respondents feeling “very ready” to address it. Learn more about this and more in the
LinkedIn 2019 Workplace Learning Report
If this report is correct, L&D can look to see increased budgets and executive support on the road ahead. I´m also interested to see that they´ve called out the positive influence of marketing techniques. See what else they´ve included in this year´s report.
Learning, Design & Technology Miscellany
A few other things just because I can.
- 19 Report Templates People Will Actually Read from Venngage (@Venngage)
- 14 video tools to help you create beautiful videos
Apps & Tools
- Glide – Create a mobile app from a Google Sheet in 5 minutes, for free.
- Vidiq – an app to help you boost the reach of your YouTube content
- Remote Tools – a platform that features top tech products catering to the remote working community
Books, Podcasts, Courses:
- Best of Learning Solutions DemoFest 2019 (Free Webinar)
- Re-envisioning Training Strategies Through a Learner-Centric Lens: Bianca Baumann – IDIODC
- The Knowledge Illusion: Why We Never Think Alone by Steven Sloman and Philip Fernbach
What I’m listening to:
- I was reminded this week of an old favorite Mushroom Jazz. That´s what I´ll be working to today!
I´m experimenting with building an app for L&D Conferences. It is very beta and I´d love for you to check it out and give some feedback
Global L&D Conferences & Events App
- #PressEd19 is an online Twitter conference that happened yesterday
- UX Agenda has a nice collection or UX events
Here’s a peek at the conference action for this week and next:
Looking for your next conference? I’ve recently updated my global collection of L&D events with new 2019 dates. Let me know if you see one I missed or have a new one to add.
Thanks for reading! If you found anything good, forward it to a friend or spread the word with a tweet.
You can find me at these UPCOMING EVENTS:
- June 17-18: Learning Tech Day, Gent, Belgium
- July 12: State of Ohio Training Association Keynote, Columbus, OH
Interested in the things that didn’t make the cut here? Follow me on Twitter or even better, subscribe to my newsletter.
I’m looking for great people and organizations who want to help people learn and work better. If you’re one of them, let’s talk! Speaking and Workshop Information Sheet.