“If you haven’t learned how to learn, you’ll have a hard time. Knowing how to learn is partly curiosity. But it’s also a discipline.” – Peter Drucker
The nice, cool fall weather has been here this week and I’m loving it. I’m looking forward to all the festivities at DevLearn in a couple of weeks. Will you be there? If so, let me know I’d love to say hello in person.
Thanks for reading!
Created for PC users by PowerPoint experts at BrightCarbon, the BrightSlide add-in will help you create, polish, and edit presentations at speed. Grab this fantastic add-in for free to update slides in seconds, tidy up your tables, make rapid shape adjustments and more! My favorite is the live spacing typography options. If you ever work in PowerPoint you should have this!
Your L&D Organization as a Competitive Advantage
Check out Karl Kapp’s (@karlkapp) newest LinkedIn Learning course where he covers how to communicate the value of a strong L&D department, assess the maturity of your program and align your learning goals with business strategy. If you don’t have LinkedIn Learning access, check your local library – they might be able to hook you up for free!
Welcome to L&D may I take your order?
Mike Bedford tells us we need to be bold, front up, challenge and ask why we’re doing what we’re been asked to do, is it the best solution, is it even needed, what is the real issue? Do you agree?
CMX and Chill: Over 60 Talks from CMX Summit
The community industry’s largest conference brought together the best and the brightest to learn how companies are investing in meaningful, scalable community programs. Dive in to learn how organizations are building communities, that impact the lives of their members while driving their business goals.
Competing on the Rate of Learning
This article from Boston Consulting Group talks about how a third-generation learning organization is a “human + machine” machine, in which artificial and human intelligence are focused on their respective advantages. In other words, take advantage of what machines can do so humans can focus on what humans do best.
Learning, Design & Technology Miscellany
A few other things just because I can.
Tools & Resources
- Glaze Illustrations – beautiful free illustrations gallery
- Fresh Folk – an illustration library of people and objects
- Audience Connect for Google Slides: Invite the audience to connect and engage with Google Slides presentations from their own phones
- 100+ Tools & Resources to Make Content Creation Easier
- 200 ANIMATED ICONS made by @Icons8 free for a link
- Fliplet: Prefab: The smart way to create custom apps
- Links List: Simple way to create a list of links and share them
The conference season is heating up. Check out the upcoming schedule.
- L&D webinars and professional development events calendar by Kari Knisely (@KariKnisely)
You can find me at these UPCOMING EVENTS:
- October 18: Central NY ATD Take 3 Mini Conference
- October 22-25: DevLearn Pre-Conference Workshop & Concurrent Session
I’m always looking for great people and organizations who want to help people learn and work better. If you’re one of them, let’s talk! Speaking and Workshop Information Sheet.