“All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.”Ralph Waldo Emerson
Happy Friday! What a crazy week it has been for us here in the US. I am at a loss for words that can express my disappointment. One of the things that have given me valuable insights about what has been happening is Heather Cox Richardson’s “Letters from an American”. As a historian, her perspective has been invaluable to help parse the things that really matter from the chaos and insanity of the news. If you like informed and thoughtful narrative she is a must read.
Thanks for reading!
What I’m Listening to: Today definitely calls for something fun – this “Have a Great Day” playlist is gonna be on repeat around here.
Last week’s most clicked item:
The Psychology of Content Overload
How to design and implement an Onboarding campaign
This is a fantastic conversation with Simon Bertoli about how to create an Onboarding Campaign and some insights into some of the tools he uses to develop his work. Personally, I think everyone should be informed about how to use tools like @zapier and @mailchimp along with others to create dynamic learning campaigns.
Curators Are the New Creators
It’s becoming increasingly difficult to disaggregate signal from noise. As Robin Good said, in situations of information super-abundance people start to look for and appreciate the contribution from a trusted, expert guide who can provide them with “intellectual binoculars”.
The Principles Of Visual Communication
Creating visuals is not reserved for designers, illustrators, or artists. It’s a skill anyone can learn and put into practice every day. This is a nice overview of how anyone can put these principles into action.
DevLearn Resources & Handouts
Even when you aren’t able to attend, the Learning Guild always shares resources and handouts from all the DevLearn sessions which are often super helpful in and of themselves. Here are the DevLearn DDX session resources from this year’s conference.
A few other things just because I can.
Here are three podcast episodes from this week that are worth a listen:
- Workflow learning and the 5 moment of need with Bob Mosher
- L&D Leadership with Kimo Kippen
- Adopting a Growth Mindset in an Organization with Katrina Moss
Tools & Resources
For more tools & resources like these check out my weekly Tech Tuesday Toolbox posts where I post 50 new tools every other week to help you work smarter, not harder.
- Video Messaging for Teams: Screen Recorder from Vimeo – Vimeo Record is a free screen and webcam recorder that lets you share video messages quickly and easily.
- Dialogloop: Turn PowerPoint PPTs into Interactive WebApps – DialogLoop is an Audience Engagement and Networking Platform for live events for Microsoft PowerPoint which enables Presenters to create polls, word clouds and surveys, stream content and their presentation to attendees’ mobile devices.
- JotForm Tables | Free Spreadsheet Powered Database Platform – Your Collect, organize, and manage data in an all-in-one workspace. Share in one click for seamless collaboration.
- Sizle – Presentation Design, Sharing & Analytics – A cloud-based presentation option with real-time notifications when someone opens a presentation that you shared with them
- H5P – Create and Share Rich HTML5 Content and Applications – H5P empowers everyone to create, share and reuse interactive content – all you need is a web browser and a web site that supports H5P.
Where You Can Find Me
Online master class for the VOV Network in Belgium with Bianca Baumann starting in November.
November 10 – Nationwide’s “Modern Digital Learning” (Internal webcast)
November 18 – Building an employee first Digital Adoption process
November 20 – Central Indiana ATD Virtual Learning Summit
December 3 – Understanding Learning Trends (Learning Guild)
I love talking about learning, design, and technology. If you’re looking for a speaker, let’s talk! Speaking and Workshop Information Sheet.