“A child can teach an adult three things: to be happy for no reason, to always be busy with something, and to know how to demand with all his might that which he desires.”Paulo Coelho
Happy Friday! It is birthday week here for my son and I. One of the highlights was all the texts, emails and other notes that make me smile as I reflect on the people sending them and how our paths have crossed over the years. It is a neat trip down memory lane of lots of really great people from literally around the world. I’m grateful for everyone who has touched my life. Hope you have something to feel gratitude for as well! Cheers.
Thanks for reading!
What I’m Listening to: I stumbled across some new favorites that are great for working along to and you’ve gotta love this name, right? Check out the Funkmammoth Radio channel.
Last week’s most clicked item:
ResearchED Talk Series
Learning Tech Trends Q&A Call
Dani Johnson of RedThread Research talks with Christopher Lind about the Learning Technology landscape. This is an informative conversation that touches on things like “What technology do organizations need to keep up with learners?”, “What learning tech categories are promoting human-centered learning?” and more. (Free registration req’d)
The Organizational X-factor: Learning Agility
Learning agility, sometimes described as “knowing what to do when you don’t know what to do”, requires an open and receptive mindset. People and organizations who are good at this have a distinct advantage over those who don’t. Dive in to learn more about boosting your learning agility.
Why you aren’t getting return on L&D investment
If you are looking to boost the ROI of your learning efforts Raf Seymus of Stellar Learning says that it’s time to look away from the tech. You need to look at your learning strategy and process, to see how it aligns with your business needs.
How to re-engineer designs that inspire you
Cath Ellis hosts Lin Wong, Amanda Nguyen, Emma Pawson and Troy Ashman (otherwise known as the LX Collective) to talk about how to re-engineer designs that inspire you. And if you need any learning design inspiration there is no better to start than the amazing collection you’ll find at The Show HQ.There are even walk-throughs of every design brief and proposed solution.
10 Tips for Emergency Remote Teaching
In this talk, Paul Kirschner discusses some of the instructional techniques you should know to make your remote teaching efforts more successful.
A few other things just because I can.
Here are three podcast episodes from this week that are worth a listen:
- Learning Uncut Podcast – Resource-Led Learning Strategy with Sebastian Tindall
- From Scratch Podcast – Cutting through the Leadership Development BS.
- Train Like You Listen Podcast – Lisa Spinelli on teachers moving into training roles
Tools & Resources
For more tools & resources like these check out my weekly Tech Tuesday Toolbox posts where I post 50 new tools every other week to help you work smarter, not harder.
- ZoomIt – Presentation utility for zooming and drawing on the screen.
- Zest — With Zest, users can record their screen and voice and instantly share their feedback in less time than it would take to take screenshots, annotate them and type an email.
- Toasty — Toasty is a video meeting platform that empowers you to engage your audience and drive collaborations in virtual meetings and workshops. It has built-in activities, flexible breakout rooms, and integration with collaboration tools, to bring the best versions out of every participant.
- Participate —Participate offers spaces for collaboration and knowledge creation in online Communities of Practice. Harness your organization’s collective intelligence and discover untapped knowledge.
- Tweek Calendar — Tweek is a fast and free to do list app to organize your tasks online with Google Calendar. A lightweight weekly planner to maintain your focus and boost productivity week over week.
Where You Can Find Me
Online master class for the VOV Network in Belgium with Bianca Baumann starting in November.
November 20 – Central Indiana ATD Virtual Learning Summit
December 3 – Understanding Learning Trends (Learning Guild)
If you’d like any help with your learning, design and technology efforts, I’d love to work with you. Let’s talk!<p value="<amp-fit-text layout="fixed-height" min-font-size="6" max-font-size="72" height="80"><i> <a href="https://1drv.ms/b/s!AmgsY2o4oVrwryLoWbtWQBoZyzr6">Speaking and Workshop Information Sheet.</a></i> Speaking and Workshop Information Sheet.