“We can disagree and still love each other unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist.” James Baldwin
Happy Friday! In the midst of some dubiously nasty tactics in our local school board , I’m grateful for the opportunity to travel to DevLearn this week and be reminded that most people are good and kind. I hope you’re as fortunate as I am to be surrounded by good, kind and caring people where you are.
Thanks for reading!
What I’m Listening to: Mother Mother playlist
Last week’s most clicked item:
The Day You Became A Better Writer
Here you’ll find the links and resources related to the four sessions I participated in at DevLearn this week along with those from everyone else in all the other sessions as well.
Discover What To Automate
Do you spend time at work on things that are important, but boring, repetitive, or a distraction from how you’d like to spend your time? You may know that I’m a big fan of NoCode and workflow automation. Zapier has this quiz to help you find ways to automate your work and make your life easier. Give it a go and see how Zapier can make you happier!
Adaptive and Personalized Learning Report
The latest report from the Learning Guild by Chad Udell & Dr. Jennifer Murphy, looks at what you need to know about adaptive learning and how L&D practitioners are using it in the real world.
The Pursuit of ‘Flow’ is Overrated
In this article, Nir Eyal says takes a look at what happens when you can’t Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi’s magical zone of ‘flow”. The good news is that play may be a helpful strategy.
Five Fundamentals of Workflow Learning
Con Gottfredson and Bob Mosher on the workflow learning fundamentals that they feel allows this approach to stand apart from the training-first mindset and methodology.
- Freeing up more time to spend on instructional design with Megan Torranceon the Train Like You Listen podcast.
- Elevate good research for L&D with Dr. Amanda Lizier on the Learning Uncut podcast.
- Spaced Learning with Sarah Mercier on the Mind Tools L&D podcast.
Tools & Tips
- Erase.bg is yet another free online background remover. Unlike most others, this one let’s you download a hi-re version for free.
- Cleanup.pictures lets you ‘automagically’ remove items from photos. You gotta try this one!
- Newsletterest is a simple RSS-style newsletter reader app to read all your favorite newsletters in one place.
- Webcrate is a way to organize and share links, articles and more from around the web
- Nearpod has interactive tools, resources, and content for teachers.
Where You Can Find Me
If you’re enjoying this newsletter, I’d love it if you shared it with a friend. You can send them here to sign up.