I’m excited to be part of the upcoming Learner Engagement Summit which is happening November 15-17th. This event has a super impressive lineup which you can access with your free registration. Thanks for reading!
Learner Engagement Summit: Learn more and register for free here.
What I’m Listening to: This morning I’m checking out Capetown – another recommendation from my daughter. I think I like it so far. What do you think?
Last week’s most clicked item:
5 Fundamentals of Workflow Learning
Move Over 70-20-10 Rule, 3-To-1 Is The New Model For Learning
Kevin Kruse proposes a 3-to-1 learning model. It’s a simple, actionable mode that advocates that for every one formal learning event, you should design and facilitate three on-the-job application exercises. Check it out and see what you think. I like the fact that it is a ‘campaign’ style blended approach to learning which is a definite improvement over the still too common “one and done”.
How a Top Pharma Company Uses Curation to Track Drug Innovations
This is a great example of curation in action. See how this medical librarian team monitors diseases, drug pricing, innovations, and major political decisions affecting healthcare using Feedly as a streamlined way to share critical information with hundreds across the company.
For Onboarding Hires These Days, How a New Job Starts Might Be Why It Ends
How to Know That You Know Nothing
Arthur Brooks and the Harvard psychology professor Dr. Ellen Langer discuss the importance of curiosity and living in the moment—and how an illusion of stability may be holding you back from exactly that.
NoCode Is Hitting an Inflection Point
No-code tools have progressed farther than most realize, and are reaching the point where you can build almost anything without having to learn how to code. This article discusses the advantages of no-code and the lingering obstacles to its adoption as it reaches an inflection point.
- The peculiar power of talking with strangers on the All in the Mind podcast.
- What can L&D professionals take away from successful YouTubers?, with Matt Pierce on the Train Like You Listen podcast.
- Are upstart online providers getting better at teaching than traditional colleges on the EdSurge podcast.
Tools & Tips
- The amazing free PowerPoint add-in Brightslide has some great new updates. Grab it now and thank me later!
- Transfer by Zapier is an easier way to move data in bulk.
- Tella.tv lets you record demos, tutorials, and presentations in your browser and share them instantly.
- Clipify is a free video editor for Windows
- Thursday.social is a 1-click, no registration option for meeting in your browser
Where You Can Find Me
If you’re enjoying this newsletter, I’d love it if you shared it with a friend. You can send them here to sign up.