Happy Friday! We are in New York to ski for a couple of days this weekend. As always my main goal is to walk out on my own power when we’re done. My entire family started skiing when they were 3 years old and can literally ski circles around me. I enjoy it, and I know that I slow them down. I’m glad they let me tag along and sometimes I think the comic entertainment I provide might be the only reason they do.
Thanks for reading!
What I’m Listening to: I’m mentally preparing for this afternoon’s skiing with some Lo-Fi beats.
Last week’s most clicked item:
The Five Things You Need to Know About Retrieval Practice
Best From The Brightest: Key Ideas And Insights For L&P Professionals
Gather your learning and performance team together, share conversations with your friends in the field—this trove of gold from 2021 is the bedrock for our evolving and improving work in 2022. Will Thalheimer has asked 48 thought leaders in the L&P field to share their favorite content from 2021.
PowerPoint Gets Live Camera Integration
This is a game changer! A new update to PowerPoint now gives you full control of live camera feeds right inside of PowerPoint. Just like any other image, you can move, resize, crop, and apply transitions (Hello Morph!) or styles to the camera feed. You can also use Designer in PowerPoint to enhance the look of your slides that use cameo. It looks like it will roll out to Office Insiders (Beta Channel) first before hitting everyone sometime later.
How to Survive in a World of Information Overload
With the information deluge showing no sign of easing in the years to come, the world is bifurcating into people who allow their time and attention to be controlled and manipulated by others, and those with the power to decide for themselves.Without the ability to block out distractions, you’ll be condemned to going through life following someone else’s agenda.
Tracking a PDF with xAPI
Being A Successful Corporate Training Professional And Academic Knowledge – Does It Matter?
There is a long and lively debate over on Twitter in response to this tweet by Brent Schlenker. Personally, I think this depends on how you define “successful corporate training professional”. If that means getting and keeping a job this may be right. If on the other hand it means helping the organization by improving performance and crafting effective learning solutions, probably not. What do you think?
- Learning is the new business strategy with Brandon Carson on the Elearning Coach podcast
- Optimizing workspace for productivity, focus, & creativity on the Huberman Labs podcast
- What does it really take to establish a proactive learning culture with Caroline Fitzpatrick on the Marketing for Learning podcast
- Tiiny.Host is the fastest, easiest way to host your web content. This is great way to get your elearning courses online. You can even add password protection.
- MindMarker is an adaptive tool that delivers and reinforces learning in the flow of work
- Did you know that you can generate QR codes with a formula in Google Sheets?
- Flippingbook converts PDFs into digital flipbooks you can share and track
- Cloq.digital is a simple timer you can use for facilitate online events, remote co-working or whatever you need track time for
- Questionwave is fast, free way to collect questions ahead of or during an events
- Suncoast ATD – February 23, 2022
- LearnX by The Canada School of Public Service and the Heads of Learning Forum – March 7
- TICE Online – March 22-24
- PACT Professional Portfolios – May
- Elearn Success Series: The EdTech Session – July 20
If you’re enjoying this newsletter, I’d love it if you shared it with a friend. You can send them here to sign up.