Happy Friday! I hope everyone had a lot of love headed their direction this Valentines week.
Thanks for reading!
What I’m Listening to: Mark Farina is one of my favorites to listen to while I’m working, so that is what is filling the airwaves around here this morning.
Last week’s most clicked item:
Key Insights for Learning Professionals
2022 L&D GLobal Sentiment Survey
Donald Taylor’s annual survey of global L&D pros shows how Covid-19 continues to affect Learning and Development (L&D) world-wide, both giving L&D departments clear goals to aim for, and making it difficult to achieve them. Dig in and learn more about what everyone thinks will be hot in L&D in 2022.
How do we learn complex skills? Understanding ACT-R Theory
John Anderson’s ACT-R theory is an ambitious attempt to synthesize a huge amount of work in psychology to form a broad picture of how we learn complicated skills. Even if the theory turns out not to be the whole story, it helps illuminate our understanding of the problem.
10 Characteristics Of Learning And Development At Its Best
In this article, Sam Allen tells that if the impact of Coronavirus on the security of roles in L&D has taught us anything, it is that we need to do everything in our power to change the perception of our industry and its value in organizations. He shares the practices he believes will ensure L&D is seen as a credible and valued partner to the business and not an order taker or worse still an expendable “nice to have”.
The War Against Forgetting
A whitepaper from Learning Pool by John Helmer on spaced practice – what it is, why it is relevant and how to use technology to harness the spacing effect.
[Providing your email is required to download]
iDTX 2022 Conference Recordings
Check out Tom McDowall and recorded sessions from a cast of great L&D pros that took place last week as part of the IDTX online conference.
- Using play to rewire and improve your brain on the Huberman Lab podcast
- L&D’s pivot to performance with with Anne-Marie Burbidge on the Learning & Development podcast
- Learning Myths vs Science/ Approaches to Creating Effective Learning with Clark Quinn on The Visual Lounge
- Around is an online meeting option you may want to check out. – it is Jeremy Caplan’s favorite!
- HeyWith is a slick, easy to use platform to build an online presence by showcasing projects, portfolio, resume, testimonials, and highlights in one place.
- Video Candy is every tool you need to edit videos online. 100% FREE and easy to use!
- Tribe is a customizable community platform that I’m about to try out for a project.
- Look Busy is an app that fills your work calendar with realistic-looking (but secretly fake) work events.(If you’re so inclined.)
- Suncoast ATD – February 23
- TICE Online – March 22-24
- PACT Professional Portfolios – May
- Canadian Elearning Conference – June 16-17
- Elearn Success Series: The EdTech Session – July 20
If you’re enjoying this newsletter, I’d love it if you shared it with a friend. You can send them here to sign up.