There’s a reason over 2.6 million people start their day with Morning Brew – the daily email that delivers the latest news from Wall Street to Silicon Valley. Business news doesn’t have to be dry and dense…make your mornings more enjoyable, for free. Check it out!
Happy Friday! Up here in the northern hemisphere we’re winding down the end of summer and getting ready for school to start back up. I’m busy working on the DevLearn workshops I mentioned last week and eternally grateful that I get to do them with such great people as Bianca Baumann and Mathias Vermeulen.
Thanks for reading.
What I’m Listening To: Today I’m listening to the low key instrumental of “Mellow Beats“. It is just right for the dog days of summer we are in.
Last week’s most clicked item:
Slides With Friends
20 Things to Remember About Forgetting
Learning designers want to increase remembering and prevent forgetting. Here’s what you should know about what causes us to forget from Connie Malamed.
How to Use Learning Pathways to Close Skills Gaps
The talent required to take an organization to the next level often already exists in-house, and learning pathways can be an effective tool for unlocking that untapped potential.
Anamaria Dorgo has put together this downloadable resource of 35 methods, tools, and frameworks to help with your facilitation efforts.
The 4 Things You Need to Be An Expert
This video from Veritasium looks at which experts have real expertise.
My Top Tools For Learning 2022
Time for another roundup of my top learning tools for Jane Hart’s annual survey. Be sure to submit yours by August 25th
- Cohort-Based Learning with Shelley Osborne on the Leading Learning podcast
- The new science of learning with Todd Zakrajsek on the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast
- Reimagining how we work with Gem Dale on the Mindtools podcast
- Nerdbord is a platform for creating engaging, practise driven workshops and courses
- Build a personal professional website with Hiya
- Videomark is a tool for taking notes on Youtube
- Tipstory is an easy to use online microlearning tool
- Zencaster is “podcasting made easy”
- VOV Pitstop (Antwerp)– September 15
- DevLearn (Las Vegas) October 24-28
How was this week’s newsletter? Help me improve
It was valuable! | Meh. Just ok | Not so good.
As always, if you’re enjoying this letter, I’d love it if you shared it with a friend or two. If you’re enjoying this newsletter, I’d love it if you shared it with a friend. You can send them here to sign up.
And should you come across anything interesting this week, send it my way! I always love finding new things to read or watch.
Want more? Follow me on Twitter and LinkedIn.