Happy Friday! I’ve been thinking that I need to get back to some more “regular blog posts” and I’m not sure what topics I should try to tackle first. I could really use your help.
If I agreed to be your personal creator/coach for a month, what would you want me to help you with?
Just reply via email – I’d love to hear what you’d like help with.
What I’m Listening to: Something about this song is so infectious. I don’t think any of the other songs on this playlist are quite as good, but Hello! this is the energy I’m feeling today.
(If you’re on Spotify, you can follow me here.)
Last week’s most clicked item:
Create interactive videos with Hippo Video
Eight Tasks for Your First 100 Days Learning an L&D Department
If you’re new to leading an L&D team Donald Taylor has 8 things you should do in your first 100 days including: Aim for a few actionable quick wins before launching your overall plan, Spread the word about who you are and what you are doing, and Keep up with your professional networks and carry on learning. Check the original post to peek in on the discussion around this topic.
Three Critical Steps To Learning
Chris Do discusses the three steps you need to follow in order to maximize the gain you’re getting from learning new skills and information.
7 Books on the Science of Learning
How does the mind work? Why do the best writers get the most writer’s block? Is the process of evolution the key to understanding the development of thought? Here are some selections from Scott Young on these topics.
Build Power Apps from a drawing & Power Automate Flows using natural language
Are you following the #NoCode movement? If you’re not, you should be. This video illustrates the direction things are heading. Build low code apps and processes easily with the latest updates to Microsoft’s Power Platform. Move quickly from ideation on paper, to automatic Power App creation with AI-assisted app development through Express design. Then tie those apps to business processes using natural language to generate automated workflows in Power Automate.
Automate Your Instructional Design Work Using NoCode Tools
I spent some time with Brent, Chris and all my #IDIODC friends this week talking about #NoCode. Pop on over to learn how virtually anyone in any field in any role can benefit from knowing and applying these automation and development principles.
- Creating learning workflows with Paul Matthews on the Unleash podcast
- Scaling Connection, Performance and Community in a Global Remote Team with Penelope Barton on the Learning Uncut podcast
- How to start professional networking (and feel good about it) with Robbie Samuels on NPR’s Life Kit podcast
- Gamma lets you “write like a doc and present like a deck” – definitely one you should check out!
- Journey is cool way to combine videos, slides, text and embeds from your favorite tools into a single experience
- Uppbeat is a great free collection of music and sound effects for creators
- FollowUpThen is a simple yet slick email reminder and personal follow-up assistant
- Loudreader is the web’s only usable ebook reader inside a browser
The Weekly Filet is one of my favorite newsletters
Every week, it’s a treasure trove full of serendipity — which makes it truly one of the best places on the internet. Every Friday, the Weekly Filet provides you with a careful selection of great things to read, watch and listen to.
Discover the best independent writers for free with The Sample.
Each morning, The Sample sends you one article from a random blog or newsletter that matches up with your interests. When you get one you like, you can subscribe to the writer with one click.