I’ve participated in Jane Hart’s Top 100 Learning Tools survey for several years now. I really enjoy seeing how the top ranked tools are evolving what others are finding most useful.
1. Articulate Storyline/Studio
2. Feedly – My feed reader to keep track of blogs and other things I want to follow online
3. Twitter – Great way to find, follow and connect with an amazing network of people. I am @tmiket
4. WordPress – I run all of my blogs with WordPress including my weekly tech tips and Learncamp. So many ways to use it and super easy. It just works.
5. Google Search/Docs/Drive/Hangouts – Search is self-explanatory and it is also the easiest way to collaborate on or share documents. You can host your elearning courses too!
6. YouTube – If your looking to learn something fast, YouTube will usually have the answer. Also great for hosting the videos you create.
7. DropBox – Quick & easy file sharing.
8. Skype – There’s nothing like having your colleagues and the rock stars in your PLN handy for a quick chat.
9. MailChimp – This is a tool L&D should steal from the marketing folks. This is a great way to supplement or enhance training campaigns. You can set up a series of emails that are automatically delivered in sequence when anyone joins the list. Great for new hire and other subscription learning approaches.
10. Diigo – Online/shared bookmarks are a quick, easy way save, organize and share web links. Mine are here.
Check out these other Top 10 lists from:
- Jane Hart
- Harold Jarche
- Helen Blunden
- Andew Jacobs
- Connie Malamed
- Clark Quinn
- JD Dillon
- Christy Tucker
- and many more.
2 thoughts on “My 2014 Top 10 Tools for Learning”
Mailchimp is an interesting idea. Spaced learning is one of those strategies we know we should be using but tend not to actually implement. Mailchimp could be used for spaced learning without having to do something complex in an LMS.
Reblogged this on red rabbit skills services and commented:
Thanks for sharing your top ten. Useful – most of mine are there but not Feedly and Diigo. I will go and check them out.