¨May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.¨ -Nelson Mandela
I am super excited to share that Bianca Baumann (@biancabaumann) and I will be doing our DevLearn pre-conference workshop ¨L&D Strategies from the Marketing Playbook¨ again this year. We´re tweaking a few things that will make it even better than last year´s version. If you´re looking for a new perspective on your L&D efforts and would like to tap into some super useful marketing concepts come and hang out with us for a day in Las Vegas this fall. Have a fantastic weekend!
Thanks for reading! If you find anything good, forward it to a friend or spread the word with a tweet.
Working Out Loud Revisited
Stan Garfield (@stangarfield) explores Working Out Loud – a growing movement that encourages employees to narrate their work and broadcast what they’re doing so others can interact, respond, learn, and apply that knowledge to their own work.
The Threat and Opportunity of Lifelong Learning
In this article, John Hagel (@jhagel) tells us that if If we’re truly going to harness the power and potential of lifelong learning, we should transform all of our institutions to help people to learn faster and accelerate performance improvement.
A Brief Overview of Working Memory
Working memory is an important concept that influences how we think about learning and memory. This post from the Learning Scientists blog (@acethattest) is an overview of what working memory is, how it works, and why it’s important.
Helping Leaders Help Themselves
¨Perhaps the true evolution of online learning will be in helping people to help themselves—a solid technique when you can no longer keep up with the pace of change.¨ Ben Betts (@BenBetts)
The Brain Learns Completely Differently than We’ve Assumed Since the 20th Century
A new study challenges long-held beliefs about how learning occurs
Learning, Design & Technology Miscellany
A few other things just because I can.
- Mixxit – Nice collection of free HD videos to use in your next project.
- Top 10 Must-Have Chrome Extensions for Designers
Apps & Tools
- Simplify Gmail – A former Gmail lead designer brings a simplified email experience to Gmail
- Genially is a nice looking app for creating visual content like Presentations, Infographics, Dossiers, Video Presentations, ePosters, CVS, Quizzes, etc.
Books, Podcasts, Courses:
- The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles, by Steven Pressfield
- Descartes’ Error: Emotion, Reason and the Human Brain – A journey of scientific discovery on how emotions are not a luxury, they are essential to rational thinking and to normal social behavior.
What I’m listening to:
- This Howard Jones playlist scratches the 80s itch I´m feeling this morning.
Here’s a peek at the conference action for this week and next:
Looking for your next conference? I’ve recently updated my global collection of L&D events with new 2019 dates. Let me know if you see one I missed or have a new one to add.
Thanks for reading! If you found anything good, forward it to a friend or spread the word with a tweet.
You can find me at these UPCOMING EVENTS:
- June 17-18: Learning Tech Day, Gent, Belgium
- July 12: State of Ohio Training Association Keynote, Columbus, OH
- October 22-25: DevLearn
Interested in the things that didn’t make the cut here? Follow me on Twitter or even better, subscribe to my newsletter.
I’m always looking for great people and organizations who want to help people learn and work better. If you’re one of them, let’s talk! Speaking and Workshop Information Sheet.