Happy Friday! It is Thanksgiving week here in the U.S. and I’m grateful that we were able to gather with our family and appreciative of all the the people who make us happy. I hope this finds you doing well and feeling blessed as well.
Thanks for reading!
What I’m Listening to: Today I’m channeling my feeling of gratitude with this Happy Music Mix.
Last week’s most clicked item:
Remedies for the Distracted Mind
How to Be Thankful When You Don’t Feel Thankful
Even if you think you have little to celebrate this year, you can—and should—practice gratitude.
Gratitude and restoration this season as a salve for burnout
In this post, Britt Andreatta shares six strategies to bring more gratitude to your workplace.
Why You Need to Protect Your Sense of Wonder — Especially Now
As the pandemic era goes on, more than ever we need ways to refresh our energies, calm our anxieties, and nurse our well-being. The cultivation of experiences of awe can bring these benefits and in this article the authors suggest a number of awe interventions for individuals as well as groups.
When giving thanks, don’t forget yourself
At Thanksgiving and beyond, try this 5-minute reflection to refocus on the big picture.
The Science Of Gratitude & How To Build A Gratitude Practice
Dr. Huberman discusses the science of gratitude, shown in peer-reviewed studies, to have tremendous positive effects on mental and physical health.
Difficult Conversation Simulator
To avoid activating another person’s defensive mode, you can respond in a way that doesn’t threaten their beliefs. This simulator teaches you three steps to navigate these difficult moments.
- Positive psychology in a pandemic with Martin Seligman on the Speaking of Psychology podcast
- How our brains get things done with David Badre on the Brain Science podcast
- Getting learning on the floor with Aston Moss and Drew McGuire on the Learning Uncut podcast
Tools & Tips
- Foundations of Positive Psychology Specialization is a free Positive Psychology course by Martin Seligman on Coursera
- PhotoPea is a free online editor that handles advanced graphics formats including .psd, .xd, .ai, .sketch and more
- Page Cloud – easy to create, great-looking one page websites
- Graficto is a “smart” tool for making infographics and visuals.
- Notion Pro Clipper lets you save anything on the web to notion, in just one click.
Where You Can Find Me
- Learner Engagement Summit – Now available on-demand
If you’re enjoying this newsletter, I’d love it if you shared it with a friend. You can send them here to sign up.
Want more? Follow me on Twitter and LinkedIn.