Happy Friday! I’m looking forward to watching and honored to be part of the Learning Engagement Summit Nov which starts on Monday. I’m particularly interested in Britt Andreatta’s session on the Neuroscience of Learning, Clive Shepherd on Emotion and Humour, and Shannon Tipton’s Technology & Learning session.
Thanks for reading!
What I’m Listening to: I discovered this nice chill music by HNNY from Ezra Klein’s podcast and I’ve been working along to this most of the week.
Last week’s most clicked item:
Add Cartoon People to Office Creations
Learner Engagement Summit
The 2021 Learner Engagement Summit starts on Monday. Join me and 29 other L&D industry experts as we share how to ENGAGE even the most reluctant learners. Each of us focused on answering that same question, but from our own unique perspective. This will help you hone in, and find the strategies and frameworks that resonate most with you… and work best for your context.
Don’t miss out on this free event.
Evidence-based Research Report
Jane Bozarth shares some recent academic research surrounding learning and development. This Learning Guild report includes articles that aim to shift your current thinking on established approaches, provide you with thought-provoking data points, and offer your new perspectives to old conversations.
PowerBI Chart Starter Series
The Power BI Chart Starter Series is a set of 10 tutorials that take you from What Am I Doing Here? to Bask In The Glow Of My Awesome Dashboard. While Power BI has a ton of capability, this curated set of lessons by Stephanie Evergreen is right-sized to give you exactly what you need to know to get a gorgeous dashboard up and running.
Make Learning a Part of Your Daily Routine
In our increasingly “squiggly” careers, where people change roles more frequently and fluidly and develop in different directions, the ability to unlearn, learn, and relearn is vital for long-term success. Based on their experience designing and delivering career development training for over 50,000 people worldwide, the authors present several techniques and tools to help you make learning part of your day-to-day development.
How to Fix Email With Science
Email isn’t broken—it’s the people who are the problem. But if you start treating it like old-fashioned snail mail, suddenly it makes sense again.
- Taking Virtual Training to the Next Level with Cindy Huggett on the Train Like You Listen podcast.
- Research on Emotional Wellbeing at work on the Mind Tools podcast.
- How to be Happier at Work with Dan Harris on the The Happiness Lab podcast.
Tools & Tips
- TXTR gives your training sessions a boost with a 7- or 15-day follow-up program, using SMS.
- Whereby is an in browser option to connect over video. No apps, downloads, or long meeting links
- Visme’s Presenter Studio enables you to record projects and presentations asynchronously.
- Virtually adds support for Stripe payments and student management to Zoom.
- Keepo lets you build a mini website in minutes for free.
Where You Can Find Me
- Learner Engagement Summit – November 15-17
If you’re enjoying this newsletter, I’d love it if you shared it with a friend. You can send them here to sign up.